Asset Management / Building Services / Facilities Management
Perth, Western Australia
August 29, 2023
RAC Arena is seeking to employ an experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our Assets department on a 12-month fixed-term contract (potential to extend based on business demands). Reporting directly to the maintenance supervisor within a small team of trade professionals, you will be responsible and accountable for carrying out overall maintenance requirements of the RAC Arena and its’ precinct to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Arena and its facilities.
- General maintenance of building equipment and all engineering facets of the venue, including but not limited to maintenance of event equipment, Electrical equipment, doors, gates, plumbing fixtures, kitchen and commercial bar equipment, painting and carpentry work.
- Ensure all electrical operations, installations, services and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner; according to the industry’s relevant mandatory standards, Acts and Regulations;
- Assist touring promotional companies and internal departments for electrical / maintenance operations required during Event “bump-in and bump-out”
- Assist with establishing and carrying out aspects of RAC Arena’s long term Asset Management Plan and planned preventative maintenance programmes.
- Contribute to building safety; adhoc capital works projects, alterations to existing systems and electrical installations.
- Report on and regularly audit current maintenance items, electronic assets contractors' matters and event-related issues
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in a similar multi-faceted environment (Arena, Stadium, Convention Centre, Hotel etc) is advantageous.
- Relevant trade qualifications and licenses. A West Australian electrical licence and being conversant with AS3000 is advantageous
- Knowledge of HVAC and Refrigeration systems, Electrical systems, Lighting systems, Hydraulic and Fire systems.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. The ability to work in a team and autonomously.
- Experience with Asset Maintenance Systems such as BMCS and MEX is advantageous.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and public holidays when required around our Event Schedule.
RAC Arena is the home of live entertainment in Western Australia. Located in the heart of the Perth CBD, we play host to the world’s best live music, sport, family, and comedy. Since opening our doors in 2012, the Arena has attracted the world’s greatest entertainers including The Rolling Stones, Serena Williams, Oprah, and Jerry Seinfeld. Home of the Perth Wildcats, West Coast Fever and ATP Cup, we’re never far from the on-court action. We work with an understanding that it’s the team behind the venue that makes it one of the best in the biz. We value a proactive, approachable, accountable team, who collaborates on making memorable experiences for the people of WA.
RAC Arena is proudly managed by ASM Global, on behalf of VenuesWest. ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company with operations spanning five continents. With a portfolio of more than 300 venues – Including the O2 Arena in London, Staples Centre in Los Angeles, and Coca-Cola Arena in Dubai – ASM Global delivers amazing experiences for our guests, exciting opportunities for our team, and value to our clients, partners, and owners.