Asset Management / Building Services / Facilities Management
Perth, Western Australia
March 18, 2022
RAC Arena is seeking to employ experienced Maintenance Electricians to join our Assets department on a CASUAL basis. Reporting directly to the Asset Manager, within a small team of trade professionals, you will be responsible and accountable for carrying out overall maintenance requirements of the venue and its’ precinct. Working in a world-class venue, your job will be to ensure the smooth day to day operation of the Arena and its facilities, so we can continue to successfully host Perth’s most exciting events.
About the role
- General maintenance of building equipment and all engineering facets of the venue, including but not limited to maintenance of event equipment, Electrical equipment, doors, gates, plumbing fixtures, kitchen and commercial bar equipment, painting, and carpentry work
- Assist touring promotional companies and internal departments for electrical/maintenance operations required during the event “bump-in and bump-out”
- Ensure all electrical operations, installations, services and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner; according to the industry-relevant mandatory standards, acts and regulations
- Forklift, EWP and working at heights licence is advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar multi-facet environment (Arena, Stadium, Convention Centre, Hotel etc.) is advantageous
- Relevant trade qualifications and licenses
- A West Australian electrical licence and being conversant with AS3000 is advantageous
- Knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems, electrical systems, lighting systems, hydraulic and fire systems
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and public holidays when required around our event schedule
- Applicants must be able to provide a police clearance
RAC Arena is the home of live entertainment in Western Australia. Located in the heart of the Perth CBD, we play host to the world’s best live music, sport, family, and comedy.
Since opening our doors in 2012, the Arena has attracted the world’s greatest entertainers including The Rolling Stones, Serena Williams, Oprah, and Jerry Seinfeld. Home of the Perth Wildcats, West Coast Fever and United Cup, we’re never far from the on-court action.
We work with an understanding that it’s the team behind the venue that makes it one of the best in the biz. We value a proactive, approachable, accountable team, who collaborate on making memorable experiences for the people of WA.
RAC Arena is proudly managed by ASM Global, on behalf of VenuesWest. ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company with operations spanning five continents. With a portfolio of more than 300 venues – Including the O2 Arena in London, Staples Centre in Los Angeles, and Coca-Cola Arena in Dubai – ASM Global delivers amazing experiences for our guests, exciting opportunities for our team, and value to our clients, partners, and owners.
Working in the venue and event industry means supporting the delivery of events across our event calendar. This means that weekend, evening and public holiday work will be required.
As a proud ASM Global venue, we invite you to Imagine What We Can Do Together and apply today!