About the role
We are looking for energetic individuals to join the Technical Operations team on a casual basis. Working behind the scenes, our Technical Operations team are responsible for setting the venue for a diverse range of live entertainment including Basketball, Netball, Tennis, and live music events. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking for a flexible and diverse role or looking to gain industry experience.
General Responsibilities include:
- Setting up staging and concert infrastructure
- Installing various sports surfaces, LED scoreboards and timing equipment
- Setting up of basic audio-visual equipment in the venue’s function spaces
- Assisting with maintenance of technical equipment
Successful candidates must have demonstrated experience in physically demanding roles and a fast-paced working environment. Although prior knowledge or experience of staging systems, backstage and venue operations is desirable, all training will be provided. Candidates must have flexible availability to work across a busy schedule.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ability to work in a large team environment
- Good communication skills
- The ability to problem solve and think ahead
- Experience in a physically demanding role and fast paced environment
- Prior knowledge of venue operations or similar
- Flexibility to work across various shifts including day, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts
- Current Worksafe High Risk Work Licence (Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Rigging) desirable but not essential.
- AHA WA Covid19 Hygiene Training Certificate
- Current National Police Clearance
- 100 Point ID Check
About the venue
RAC Arena is the home of live entertainment in Western Australia. Located in the heart of the Perth CBD, we play host to the world's best live music, sport, family, and comedy.
Since opening our doors in 2012, the Arena has attracted the world's greatest entertainers including The Rolling Stones, Serena Williams, Oprah, and Jerry Seinfeld. Home of the Perth Wildcats, West Coast Fever and ATP Cup, we're never far from the on-court action.
About the company
ASM Global is the world's leading venue management and services company, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world's most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres and performing arts venues. ASM Global Asia Pacific operates a network of venues in locations including Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Christchurch, Kuala Lumpur, China, Hong Kong, and the UAE.
Working in the venue and event industry means supporting the delivery of events across our event calendar. This means that weekend, evening and public holiday work will be required.